Sunday 30 August 2015

Chilled Lime Cheesecake

As the warmer Spring weather has arrived here already I decided to try a new recipe for something cold I could take out of the fridge for a treat.   The "Sweet Poison Cookbook" came to my rescue again with another great recipe from David Gillespie.

This vanilla and lime-scented cheesecake is everything a chilled cheesecake should be - soft and creamy with just a touch of sweetness.



CHILLED  LIME  CHEESECAKE

Filling
  • 500 gms cream cheese, chopped
  • Finely grated lime zest from 1 lime (I then peeled and sliced the lime thinly for garnish on top)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 1 1/2 cups dextrose
  • 350mls thickened cream - beat until soft peaks form
Coconut Base 
  • 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
  • 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1/3 cup dextrose
  • 80 gms butter, melted
Method

Preheat oven to 170°C  (150°C fan forced).  Lightly grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line with baking paper

To make the base, mix the flour, coconut, dextrose and butter in a bowl until combined.  Then press into the base of the prepared tin


Bake the base for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.  Leave to cool completely



Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.  Add the vanilla, lime zest, dextrose and beat until mixed.  Then gently fold through the whipped cream until well combined.  Spoon onto the prepared, cool base in the tin and smooth the top.  Refrigerate for 4 - 5 hours or until set.



Remove from the spring form pan and place on a serving plate.  The cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, although it probably won't last that long.


ENJOY




4 comments:

  1. Goodness me, don't tempt me, Blinky. ;-) I came here to find your tomato sauce recipe to link to on the forum and I find this delicious looking cheesecake. I will add it to my 'To Make' recipes for when the warmer weather hits. It is still mild here with cold mornings and I am just about to put soup into the crockpot for tea so we are not quite into the hot weather yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try it when the weather warms up, Chel. It is very creamy and quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know - it is pretty impossible to beat a great cheesecake I have decided....and this one looks just super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is on the list for our Plaza expedition today Blinky. I've put it off too long.

    ReplyDelete